When hiring roofing contractors, it’s good to have a basic knowledge about them and their time in the industry. This helps you build a rapport with them while also making sure that they will be doing a good job. Here are five questions you can ask your roofer before hiring one.
1. “How long have you been in business?” The longer they have been in the business, the more experience they have. It is an indication of how good they are when it comes to roof repair and installation. Someone who has been in the field for years will definitely know some tricks of the trade that newer ones do not.
2. “What are your crew’s training and experience?” You’ll know that the roofing crew can get the job done right the first time if they are certified by roofing manufacturers to install their roofing products and components. At Quality Assurance Roofing, for instance, every roofer is expertly trained on the installation techniques and product lines from the top industry brands like GAF, CertainTeed® and Owens Corning®.
3. “Do you carry insurance?” Everyone working on your roof must be insured. A reliable contractor carries two types of insurance: worker’s compensation and general liability. Both protect you from shouldering the cost of accidental injuries and property damage that may occur during the roofing project.
4. “Do you have proper licenses?” This is one credential that every roofing contractor must have. It serves as proof that they have met the standards set by the city, county or state government. It also means that they are knowledgeable when it comes to local building codes, which are essential for conducting roof repair or replacement. Make sure to ask for a copy and whether it is updated or not.
5. “Can I see reviews of past work?” Checking out a prospective contractor’s previous projects gives you a clear idea of their brand of professionalism and workmanship. Apart from looking up reviews from past clients, you can also ask your roofer for a list of references. Call each one and ask about their experience working with the contractor.
Quality Assurance Roofing is the leading contractor for your residential and commercial roofing needs. Call us now at (479) 279-8500 or (417) 799-7889. You may also fill out our contact form for a free, no-obligation estimate. We serve clients in Fayetteville and the surrounding areas in Arkansas and Missouri.