Reliable Assistance with Weather Emergencies
Central Texas, Northwest Arkansas and Southern Missouri can experience some extreme weather, and sometimes with little warning. If your property has been through a storm, make sure you assess and address any potential damage to roofing, siding, or gutters.
What to Do About Storm Damage to your Roof
Here’s a quick checklist for assessing potential damage to your home. For safety reasons, it’s best to avoid going onto your roof yourself. However, you can do a self-assessment from the ground with a good pair of binoculars. Make sure to photograph or make note of any damage.
- Check your roof for and shingles that are missing, curling, broken, or damaged in any way.
- If a branch has fallen on your home, or if there is any other reason to suspect structural damage, stay out of your home and schedule an inspection as soon as possible.
- Check gutters and downspouts for signs of damage or denting.
- Check your ceilings and attic for leaks, dark spots, discoloration, and signs of damage.
- Call your roofing company. Make sure you contact a well-established contractor to work on your house. If there is wide-spread damage, local roofers might be overwhelmed by the amount of service requests, so make sure you contact a trusted roofer as soon as possible.
- Contact your home insurance company about reporting your claim and scheduling an inspection.
- Save your receipts if you purchase any tarps or other materials to repair or cover home damage. Some insurance companies with reimburse this expense.
We Provide Free Emergency Roofing Inspections
Don’t wait to get a thorough inspection on your property! Call us toll-free today at (800) 928-7026 or submit a contact form here on our website.