Landmark Solaris PLATINUM
- Technical Information
- Green Information
Landmark Solaris PLATINUM Roof Shingles with cool roof technology
With an impressive 40% reflectance value, Landmark Solaris™ PLATINUM from CertainTeed is a leader in the cool roof industry. Landmark Solaris is a solar-reflective asphalt roof shingle for steep-slope roofs; its advanced color granules reflect the sun’s rays and can reduce a roof’s temperature by as much as 20% in the summer.
An impressive reflectance value isn’t all you’ll get from a Landmark Solaris PLATINUM roof: our bright, fresh color palate will give your home the smooth, sophisticated look of a classic roof.
Blending ecological technology and innovative performance, Landmark Solaris roofing is more durable than traditional shingles. “Thermal shock,” or the expansion and contraction of shingles due to temperature, can reduce the life expectancy of your shingles. Let cool roof technology work for you to keep your home cool and your roof strong.
- Rated by the Cool Roof Rating Council (CRRC) for cool roofs and meets the California Title 24 requirements for a cool steep-slope roof
- Your roof with Solaris shingles may qualify for credits or points in LEED®, NAHB® and other “green” programs. Ask your roofing contractor about cool roof guidelines in your area
- Available in a wide variety of colors, all of which meet ENERGY STAR® standards for solar reflectance and thermal emissivity
- Landmark Solaris PLATINUM Sell Sheet
- Energy Star® Rated Products Brochure
- Two-piece laminated fiberglass-based construction
- 250 lbs. per square
- UL Class A fire resistance
- UL certified to meet ASTM D3462
- UL certified to meet ASTM D3018 Type I
- Conforms to CSA standard A123.5
- Meets California Title 24 requirements for reflectance and emittance
- Meets ENERGY STAR® requirements
- Miami-Dade Product Control Acceptance: Please see the Notice of Acceptance (NOA) to determine approved products by manufacturing locations.
- Discuss any local regulations with your roofing contractor
Landmark Solaris – An industry-leading solar reflectance value of over 40%
Using cool roofing technology has been recognized as one of the easiest, most cost-effective ways of lowering energy consumption. But until now, going green meant going white.
While white is naturally reflective, Landmark Solaris Collection’s innovative technology puts color where white used to be and produces a shingle that reflects solar energy.
That’s a green of a different color. Though light-colored surfaces traditionally have higher reflectance than dark surfaces, Landmark Solaris Collection’s cutting-edge design defies traditional thinking by reflecting the sun’s energy with style.
Landmark Solaris Platinum takes solar reflective roofing technology to the next level by providing a roof surface that achieves 40% solar reflectivity. This level of solar reflectivity is by far the highest in the asphalt roofing industry and is 60% more reflective than a standard solar reflective roof surface as defined by ENERGY STAR®. This is important because a 40% solar reflective roof surface can reduce the cooling load two times more effectively than a normal ENERGY STAR rated roof, potentially doubling your energy savings from installing a solar reflective roof.